Re: [Harp-L] Hohner in the Local Marketplace

I used to shop with the Farrells before they closed up. What a great store.
I bought a CX-12 for about $100.00 shortly before they closed.

Although I don't ever remember talking to an old curmudgeon, there certainly
was someone there who may have been a balancing force in their operation.
Sweet vs. cranky.

I once received the wrong CD from an order. When I called them up, a very
nice, sweet, and elderly sounding woman answered (wife ?). I explained that
I had received the wrong CD. She very apologetically cries, "Oh dear." She
then went on to say that she would immediately send out the correct CD  to
me. She asked that I send the other CD back, and she could then determine
how much they owed me for the return postage and reimburse.

Sure enough, I soon received the correct CD in the mail--and, a little while
later, an envelope containing a small amount for the return postage. I sure
miss that kind of fair and folksy service.

Eric