Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Price hike / Lets take a page from Massachusetts

On Jan 21, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Frank franze wrote:

Must me start a harmonica "tea party" to have a voice in Hohners advances in the direction of GREED!!!
_

Back in the 15, 16, 1700s, business' in Europe were having things made in the new world because it was cheaper. A lot of England's ships were being built in America. They were what you would expect of any cheap product. Inferior. They didn't last. But things have not only turned more easterly, they have already improved. The east had already taken over binoculars, cameras, tape recorders, etc. from Germany, England, Belgium, U.S., etc, and they now make them better. Unfortunately, when it comes to harmonicas, I don't (yet) see it.

People are missing an important point on the exchange rate(s). They worry too much about how many euros you get for a dollar. What they SHOULD be worried about is: how much can you GET for a euro. Example: A diet pepsi costs 2 euros in Germany. In the U.S. I can get an entire SIX PACK (sometimes an 8 pack) for the same equivalent. If you don't think Europe is hurting...I don't know what to tell anyone.

smo-joe