[Harp-L] Re: The Count Five- psychotic reaction

Yes I think you're right, no one has captured the feeling of the original.

About the words, you might be interested to know that this was another song
with the mystery lyrics controversy.  The line now purported to be "little
girl, would you like to take a ride, now" was sang as various things
including "little girl, move the ladder to the right".   (Heard this in an
interview with an original Count Fiver when I lived in San Jose CA, their
hometown).

About the harper in the video, I think he is acting funny because of the
obvious fake-performance aspect of the thing, everyone pretending to play
and sing along with the recording, as bands were asked to do for these shows
in those days.  I saw a vid of CrosbyStillsNash&Youg doing the same, and
just holding up their hands off their guitars by the end of the song to make
fun of this weird protocol.