[Harp-L] Harp tuning (was Special 20 Tuning)

I have been tuning to 0=444 ever since I read Steve Bakers Handbook, Of course I use minimal breath.  Obviously, hard blowers will flatten reeds more that soft blowers, so what if the general feeling of everyone that tunes as to the starting point in tuning.

Harvey Berman

<Does anyone have a reason why Hohner tunes their Special 20 harps ,
sharp?>

I've noticed this tendency in recent years, the pitch has tended to
creep upwards. I'm not sure what the reason is, but it's not
intentional. In order to correct this, I'm currently engaged in
tuning master plates for all Hohner diatonic models, so that they
will play slightly above concert pitch (as Steve Shaw remarks, this
sounds better) but lower than some models are currently tuned.  I did
new master plates for the Special 20 CT, the Crossover and am
currently working on SBSs, but hope to deal with all models within
the next couple of months. It's rather a lot of work as there are
three different fine tunings used on standard tuned diatonics, not to
mention special tunings, and each key needs to be tuned 3 times with
a week's rest in between,