Re: [Harp-L] advanced?

 Perhaps another way to put it would be - advanced class wouldn't deal with TB per se, but would assume that everyone attending can...

What slows down the class is the one or two students, over their heads, needing assistance where the rest of the class twiddles thumbs while waiting to get on with it..

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Ross <jross38@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, Jan 17, 2010 6:08 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] advanced?

Jim Rossen writes:

"To me, the distinction between intermediate and advanced blues
diatonic player is <snip>   My apologies if I offend anyone.....

Advanced-
tongue block"

I'm not offended, just can't understand why tongue blocking would be considered advanced.  It was (is?) the standard technique of most blues harmonica players, perhaps most harmonica players in general.  It's certainly not a hard technique, no moreso than puckering for single notes.

Just struck me as odd.

JR Ross