[Harp-L] ADMIN: Gig notices

This is a reprise of an earlier post on a policy change.  I'm re-sending
it as a reminder.  Thanks harp-l-listowner

For a long time our subscribers have followed a custom of not using the
list to post gigs. We're grateful.

To keep the tradition intact, we've updated the Harp-L netiquette page
(http://harp-l.org/rules.html; the new section is titled "Gig Postings.").
Generally, Harp-L is not for posting gigs -- just as it's not for most
other one-way traffic, including posts like this one. It's meant to be a
discussion list.

The good news is that, as everyone by now is aware, there is a much better
alternative. To get publicized -- on this harmonica list, plus the others,
plus the web -- turn to Danny Wilson's International Harper's Giglist. For
ten years, with no end in sight, it has been the single authoritative
listing of harmonica activity around the globe. We owe it to ourselves, to
our community, and to Danny to constantly enrich it with our gigs and our
readership. For posting instructions visit
http://www.bassharp.com/itininfo.htm

Still, suppose you land a gig that cries out for more prominence. There's
room on Harp-L for it, and you can post without apology or special
permission. We ask only that you be mindful that this is an exception, and
that, as always, you be guided by courtesy and judiciousness.

Comments are welcome, but please send them to owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
rather than posting them onlist.