[Harp-L] advanced?

Jim Rossen writes:

"To me, the distinction between intermediate and advanced blues
diatonic player is <snip>   My apologies if I offend anyone.....

Advanced-
tongue block"

I'm not offended, just can't understand why tongue blocking would be considered advanced. It was (is?) the standard technique of most blues harmonica players, perhaps most harmonica players in general. It's certainly not a hard technique, no moreso than puckering for single notes.

Just struck me as odd.

JR Ross