Re: [Harp-L] truely advanced diatonic workshops?

 Only the old Howard Levy at Augusta Heritage was a truly advanced class. Everything else is always intermediate, no matter what is stated, in my experience....however, a good teacher will do a 1 on 1 at an advanced level.

Problem with the advanced class concept is, those advanced players who could really benefit from it are usually of the mindset that they don't need it seeing as how they are already advanced.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Rossen <jimjimdr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, Jan 16, 2010 3:31 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] truely advanced diatonic workshops?

The weekend and week long diatonic workshops I have attended have
"advanced' classes that are attended by both intermediate and advanced
players.  Most of the players are intermediate, so teaching is at an
intermediate level.  Do any programs take measures to assure that only
advanced players are in advanced workshops?  Seems like Joe Filisko
accomplishes this for weekly classes at Old Town School, but how about
others?

Jim R