[Harp-L] RE: Embarassing Question now "Brain Burp"

Thank you for the reminder about my language Joe.  Though I know you are
joking, that was kind of crass of me I guess and as a professional
communicator I could have done better.  However, I will ask the lists
indulgence.  You see, I went back to college late in life and as an
impressionable fifty year old became immersed in the language and usage of
first year law students.  At first, I was shocked to hear pretty young
things cursing like a sailor and guys being incredibly crude in mixed
company.  I got over it but I guess, unconsciously, some of it must have
rubbed off.  The term "BF" is their common term for going completely blank
and mentally losing it.  Something that happens to them fairly frequently
apparently that may have something to with stress, excessive alcohol
consumption and sleep deprivation, very common things among law students.
Had never happened to me before the incident I described but after it did, I
understood the term, crude though it is, completely.  But, again, I could
have phrased it better.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK