Re: [Harp-L] Re: Modes, keys and positions

In a message dated 14/01/2010 23:54:23 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  If you want to see them cry, play a ballad on the chromatic.

Regards,  Richard Hunter

AMEN!

While I was still a child, I learnt to play harmonica on a 270  Chromatic,
then I switched to "short harp" pretty well exclusively for more  than 20
years. I was into blues and rock music mostly, in those days.

But since then, during the 1990's and through the inspiration of the  late,
great, Douglas Tate, I went back to the chromatic harmonica. Doug showed
me something of the range and variations of tone and sound that are
available with a chromatic harmonica. Since then I play both chrom  and diatonic
harp. I love them both, and play whichever fits the tune  best.

It's not "either" "or"... For me its "Lets play BOTH!"

Best wishes

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines