[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 77, Issue 48

harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Message:  7
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:18:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher Sprankle  <crsprankle@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Bassman (non-reissue) for  Harp
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I'm going to check out an amp  tonight.  A guitar player is selling it for
$150.  It's an old  Bassman that he bought 20 years ago for $350.  I haven't
looked at it  yet.  I figure it's probably a silver face or black face.
Will this  make a decent harp amp?  Any tips on what to look for or test out
on  it?

Thanks,

Chris  Sprankle
http://www.myspace.com/chrissprankle

Nothing Dont buy it  Ive spent a fortune  trying to re mod a silver face
1970 series  fender and my conclusion is  that it is a cold toneless animal.
Also 100watt output is far to much .Most  amps of that age need new caps and
tubes also output transformer take a knock  There is better amps around that
are harp friendly You dont need to think fender  are the dogs bits. If its
a tweed 59 then still be prepared to spend on it Good  luck
Baz