[Harp-L] am thinking about adding a new position

to my repertoire.ÂI mostly play in 2nd and less often in third, but ÂI am reasonably competentÂin first, second and third position and understand how to use for blues and non-blues tunes. I have messed around a very little bit with 4th position which seems like third position in a different registerÂarea of the harp to me, but different enough to play minor tunes in. I am curious as to what you all recommend for a new position to tackle after first, second and third and whatÂyou all think about when choosing and playing inÂpositions. Is it a case of just picking up the right key harp for the the position reletive to the key of the tune and then just knowing the good/bad notes to use/avoid. Is there some logic in picking a position beyond the first three? Is 12th position an obvious next position? Seems like 1,2,3,4 and 12th are the most popular? for harp?

Stretching in the woodshed and it hurts sometimes...

Thanks - Ross Macdonald