Re: [Harp-L] Vox DA5 review

"Ed Kliman" wrote:
<I bought a Vox DA5 for use with a group that plays frequent "unamplified"
<gigs and thought I'd post a quick review...At $140, I'm equally
<pleased and impressed.

I've written about this amp too, and I agree. With an Audix Fireball V mic (as opposed to the bullet described in Ed's review) it produces a very playable harp sound with lots of guts and nuance, MUCH better than the Roland Microcube.  Its effects are limited but sufficient for most harp gigs.  In short, it's a very nice beginner's amp for short money, and it sounds plenty good enough for professional performances in any venue where a big amp would be overkill.

I bought mine lightly used on eBay for $109, and I'm sure similar deals can be had if you're patient.  Even at the un-discounted price of $140, it's very good value for money.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter