Re: [Harp-L] Mould on amplifiers

Check the humidity in that room..my music room is in a basement so I run a dehumidifier (Im not sure what % of humidity is acceptable....... anyone) If its moulding on the outside I would guess the electronics will be taking a hit as well.It was also suggested to me if you live in a cold climate not to let your gear get excessively cold, when you bring it in the humidity in your house will condense on the inside and outside of your gear do this on a regular basis and you have a electronics nightmare............................Dane Paul
----- Original Message ----- From: "Billy James" <billyjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 11:20 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Mould on amplifiers

I was wondering has anyone got any sensible ideas or old wives potions to stop mould from growing on the tolex of stationary amps in my music room and studio..
I live in a sub tropical region, but it vis not necessarily a very damp climate, however I notice several of my smaller amps, without covers, get a grey dusty mould growing on them over time during more humid months.