[Harp-L] Crossover's not Over

Mad Dog wrote:

My order for 2 Marine Band Crossovers through Musicians Friend was only
partially filled. I go a C delivered a couple weeks ago and can see what
all the talk is about. I love it! For the A I ordered, I just got a
canceled noticed. I called MF and they said the Crossovers have been
discontinued. The only place I can find on the internet that has some in
stock are "used" at E-Bay. Is Hohner going to make these beauties again.
Why did they stop?

They didn't. Musicians Friend is mistaken, Hohner has definitely not discontinued the Crossover. As the latest addition to the Marine Band range, it was only introduced in August 2009 - the instruments available at SPAH were the very first to come off the production line and the high level of demand has led to this 0 series being sold out very fast.

However, there is another reason for the current non-availability of some keys: we've been making improvements to the covers in order to eliminate reed rattle. This mainly concerns keys from Bb downwards, hence the delay in filling Mad Dog's order. The new tool takes some time to set up exactly right and we have been testing carefully every step of the way. The factory expects to have it running by the end of the month. Sorry for the delay, they'll be worth the wait,

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com