[Harp-L] Rat tail IMT CORRECTION

The SKU is actually 0072010. Sorry for the typo.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: January 10, 2010 4:00:17 AM GMT-05:00
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Rat tail IMT

If anyone is interested, I found a cost effective source for Peavey rat tail style impedance matching transformers, Green Fly Music Supply on the web carries rat tail style IMTs by Peavey and Hosa. Put in the search term "transformer" on their website and they will come up. Btw, Peavey makes one w/ a male XLR Connector and one w/ a female XLR connector, but the photo is the same for each which can be confusing. The one you probably want is SKU 0072018. These guys are great to deal with and the prices are good.

Of course, the Audix rat tail IMT is readily available at many of the music sites like Musicians Friend. The Audix is VERY clean sounding. The Peavey sounds a little thicker in the midrange to my ear. Both are good, but the Peavey is harder to find. Now i know where I can get them. Green Fly Music Supply also carries one by Hosa which I've never tried.

No connection with Green Fly except as a customer who was favorably impressed by their prices and customer service.

FWIW

JP