From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] II V I
To: "Winslow Yerxa" <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 9, 2010, 10:30 AM

Winslow,
Perhaps I am taking Mark Levine too literally.  He says Dm7b5 GAlt7
Cminor Maj7 is a minor II V I, You point out Autumn Leaves as IIm7b5
V7 Im as a minor II V I.  Before I read Levine, I always thought that
any combination of II V I chord types was a II V I, but Levine made me
rethink it.

Would you still use the same jazz melodic minor modes for the slightly
different chord choices?  To be specific, Levine says use the Ab jazz
melodic minor scale over the G Alt7.  Would you still use that scale
during G7?  Then, he says use the C jazz melodic minor over the C
minor Maj7 chord.  Would you still use that chord over Cm?
Thanks,
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com