[Harp-L] II V I

Jerome,

You posted the following:

Concerning the possibility of playing a note on a chord, I don't think about
the problem the same way. The problem, according to me, is not which note
you can play, but which scales. You can perfectly play a substitution of the
current scale, with notes which seem to be relatively far from the original
chord.

I am very intrigued by the concept of "scale substitutions.'' Is there a reference or a formula for determining which scales can be "substituted" for use over which chords? Or can you at least elaborate upon how this determination is made?

Thanks,

JP