RE: [Harp-L] II V I

If the question is :
in which tunes can we hear a minor II V I ?, here are few examples :

Black Orpheus (many II V I in A minor and one in D minor)
Beautiful Love (D minor)
Autumn Leaves (II V I in G major and II V I in E minor)
Softly As in a Morning Sunrise (C minor)
Stella by Starlight (B minor, A minor, Eminor)
Shadow of your Smile (E minor, B minor, A minor, G minor)
Blue Bossa (C minor)

You'll find some of these tunes on my youtube channel, with their tab for
diatonic harp: www.youtube.com/JersiMuse

Concerning the possibility of playing a note on a chord, I don't think about
the problem the same way. The problem, according to me, is not which note
you can play, but which scales. You can perfectly play a substitution of the
current scale, with notes which seem to be relatively far from the original
chord.
For example, on a II V I major in C: Dm7  G7  CMaj7, you can play in Ab Maj
on the G7. But you still have to make it sound correctly and "mix it
correctly" with the scale of C major, otherwise it will be awful.
Listen to Charlie Parker for example, he plays a lot on that kind of
substitution.
If you'd prefer a reference with a diatonic harmonica, I think the one
reference remains Sebastien Charlier, who can play in many different scales
above a given chord.
Another example: on a II V I minor, you can effectively play in Valt on a
V7. But it is more logical. I think you could even play with this scale on a
II V I major in fact.
There are many examples like these, which enable to enrich your play.

So at the end, any note can go on any chord, it all depends on how.

I'm not totally sure I've answered the right questions, but I hope that
helps anyway,

Best regards,

Jerome Peyrelevade
www.youtube.com/JersiMuse