[Harp-L] II V I

   You know, for years I've been hearing about how essential it is to know
how to play this chord progression.  That it encompasses many jazz tunes and
standards.  But everytime I ask a musician to name an actual freaking tune
that follows this progression, all I get are vague answers.  "Oh, there are
many tunes" or "you've heard it a million times" or "you'll know it when you
hear it".  Or "you've probably played it before, you just didn't realize
it".  I'm beginning to believe that it's a hoax.
   If I pick up a C harp and attempt to string a few bars together playing
in the keys of D, G, and C, it makes absolutely no sense to me.  I can't
imagine what sequence these chords or keys would be organized into and what
sort of popular, well-known melody would fit over it.
   So, somebody please give me a straight answer.  Name a tune.  Because I'm
telling you, I've asked around about this and I'm tired of hearing "oh, that
progression is all over the place".

Mick Zaklan