Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci's Mongoose Free Harp Cleaning Method

Jason attributes the opinion quoted below to me in the Mongoose video. However, I was likely quoting my late lamented friend Douglas Tate, as much out of amusement as anything (though I must admit that Doug was right about many things). Jason insists I was voicing my own opinion - myabe I was channeling Doug without realizing it.

Lately, in reconditioning old chromatics bought on eBay, I've actually taken to using the Mongoose Free method for cleaning *other *people's *crud off reedplates. Works very nicely, and no resulting corrosion even though the label warns against using it on brass (I also rinse thoroughly).

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa