Re: [Harp-L] Alcohol a dangerous drug

Jeff Jones,
I haven't had a drink in over 10 years.  I take alcohol abuse very seriously.

I am glad you found a poem that talks about alcohol abuse.  But it did
not change my opinion.  You still have not convinced me that alcohol
is an evil that all people should avoid.

You ask me to point out one positive thing about alcohol.  I consider
myself to have a problem with alcohol and yet I can point to many
times when use of alcohol was a positive thing in my own life.  I had
some fun with friends, I loosened up socially with women.

You say alcohol does not help with serious music?  It definitely
relaxed my mind concerning the self-inflicted rules that can hold one
back concerning music.  Can you read the history books concerning some
of our favorite serious musicians and ignore that they drank
sometimes? You cannot take a part out of a life story just because it
does not fit comfortably with your philosophy.

Most of all I drank while I grew up and was able to look at myself
doing something I did not like most of the time and was happy to find
that I had the strength to walk away from a situation I did not like.
I do not regret my time with alcohol, I am grateful for it.  It helped
make me who I am today.

Booyah.  And I will buy my friends a drink anytime I feel like it.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com