[Harp-L] Drinking and performing

I am one who can not even have a small sip of alcohol before a Concerto. The first thing to go is your speech, i.e., your lips and tongue, and feeling in your finger tips. Playing the harmonica with numb lips, a numb tongue and numb finger tips is next to impossible.

Learn that sometimes when you are really nervous you play really well and sometimes you play like sh*t, and sometimes when you are totally calm you play really well and sometimes you play like sh*t. Once you learn it does not matter, you will be cool. If you need a drink to loosen up my suggestion is to heed my advise, don't!!

I drink, but it is always after the concert and usually with dinner.

Harmonically yours,

Robert
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com