From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of pdxharpdog@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 12:20 PM
To: List harp-l
Subject: [Harp-L] band drinking, minimal harp content

I have a question - does your band have any rules on alcohol consumption
before/during a show?  My band recently had a less than optimum performance
that was directly related to alcohol consumption by the bass player and
drummer who were both quite buzzed as we went on stage. This caused the
tempos to be all screwed up, and lead to a new band rule - no drinking
before a show starts.  During the show we still have an occasional drink on
stage if allowed by the venue or as is often the case bought by fans and
brought to the stage.  Our subsequent shows have all been great since this
rule.

Harp Content:  It takes all of my faculties and focus to play harp sober let
alone buzzed.

Ross Macdonald