[Harp-L] band drinking, minimal harp content

I have a question - does yourÂband have any rules on alcohol consumption before/during a show? My band recently had a less than optimum performance that was directly related to alcohol consumption by the bass player and drummer who were both quite buzzed as we went on stage.ÂThis caused the tempos to be all screwed up, andÂlead to a new band rule - no drinking before a show starts. During the show we still have an occasionalÂdrink on stage if allowed by the venue or as is often the case bought by fans and brought to the stage. Our subsequent shows have all been great since this rule.

Harp Content:Â It takes all of my faculties and focus toÂplay harpÂsober let alone buzzed.

Ross Macdonald