Re: [Harp-L] Gear cases (was: Stolen Gear)

I think a lot of gear gets ripped off either befor a show and after sound check or after your set. That's when band gear is left sitting on or near the stage. I always try to hide my harp case a bit in the pile of amps, bass,Âpedal boardsÂand drum kit etc. so it won't be visible enough to attract attention. After the gig I always take it to the car and lock it in the trunk. I also try to keep an eye on all of my bands gearÂif I'm in the roomÂ- it's an atmosphere very appealing to a thief - dark, lot's of activity and alcohol dulling the senses. I pays to stay alert. I also am the band's money guy and I keep an eye out for people paying closer than normal attention when I'm being paid out in cash.

Ross

----- Original Message -----
From: "M. N." <mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "list harp" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 8:01:01 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [Harp-L] Gear cases (was: Stolen Gear)

Chesper wrote:
"Now I don't leave anything that looks even vaguely desirable in the car ..."

This is the same reason I lost interest in having a super bitchin' cool hard-shell case for my harps and mics, etc. I guess I'm just paranoid, but if a thief were looking for something to snatch stage-side in a bar at the end of a night, I think he'd be less likely to take off with my beat-up backpack than someone else's high-dollar case that's covered in stickers from Fender, Shure, Mesa, Audix, etc.
MN
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Â ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Â