Subject: Re: [Harp-L] valve problems! need help!

Good info from both of you!

quoting Michelle and Smokey (much snipped):

"You just can't leave a stone unturned, can you JoJo? You oughta write a
book, "Harmonicas For The Incurably Curious" or "Harmonicas For The
Inveterate Tinkerer!" Seriously! You carry a wealth of harmonica
knowledge and experience unequaled in any other person I know of. Every
time a "new" idea comes along, you "been dere, done dat!" Write it down,
old buddy. Get credit where credit is due!

>> I usually make it  a rule to avoid even mentioning my name in the
>> same discussion with  PT Gazell's, but plain old Ultrasuede seems to
>> work fine for us.  :-)
>>
>> At least that's the way I see it,
>>
> You see pretty da** good. :)
>  smo-joe

I take that as a high complement coming  from you!

Michelle"

 Michelle, I'm not sure if you're the one who coined the 'McGyver'  name
for SmoJoe...but whoever it was nailed it. And in reference to your points
above, you're so right. He's never satisfied with what other people do...is
always looking for new and different methods to try something, or other  ways
to turn a problem upside down just to look at it askew and anew. I'm
surprised he has time to play the darn things <G>

Like you, I've learned so much hanging around him...from his wild
imagination and ability to make something from nearly nothing.  It's become  a wee
bit of a contest now...to see just what ordinary household objects we can
find to turn into 'harmonica related' tools. It's all such fun and too cool,
and  he really SHOULD write a book. I second the motion :)

Here's a wee tip of my own, haha: used mascara wands. Soak 'em for a while
in a paper cup with dishwasher detergent. Keep replacing the water and
soap,  then scrub lightly with an old toothbrush and soak again until the
wand/brush  (with its attached handle) has no traces of mascara left. Then run
through the  dishwasher for the final cleaning.   I have several now (we women
are  supposed to replace our mascaras every few months, anyway).

They make perfect cleaning brushes to get into mouthpiece holes. Some
narrow to points, some come with already curved tips but even the straight ones
can be gently curved if need be. Just be careful not to allow them to be
caught  between reed and reedplate..slow and careful is the way to use them
but  they make a perfect cleaning tool for any type of harmonica.

Elizabeth