Re: [Harp-L] 10 Most Common Blues Standards

I won't even try to list 10...but around here in the Midwest, if you are sitting in with a band and they ask you what you want to play.. the odds of the band knowing Stormy Monday are pretty good. That and some Jimmy Reed will usually work. Sweet Home Chicago is another.
If I'm sitting in with someone I don't know, I just ask them to play some kind of 12 bar blues, either a shuffle or a slow blues.
Steve Webb in Minn... where the high temp at my house today was a balmy -7.