[Harp-L] Richard Sleigh's You Tube "How to Tune a Harmonica" videos

   Richard, thank u for all of your great videos.
  Re your You Tube video How To Tune a Harmonica, Lesson1 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflrvFRlvt8&feature=PlayList&p=8AFC5374E50E7A09&index=0 ), at 4:00 minutes, you tune down a reed.  With your scraper tool, you go inside the harp to scrape the reed near the rivet.  Why did u scrape the reed from inside the harp instead of scraping the reed from the top?  It seems to me that scraping the top of the reed would have been easier and would accomplish the same thing.
  Also, why would you file towards the rivet instead of away from the rivet?  Seems to me that filing towards the rivet would be much more likely to snag the free end of the reed, when filing the other direction would accomplish the same thing.  What am i missing?
ron