Seydel pitches their chromatics like 10-hole diatonics, hence the regular F and low F options.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa

Resident expert at bluesharmonica.com

Harmonica instructor, jazzschool.com

Columnist, harmonicasessions.com

--- On Thu, 2/18/10, Ryan Hartt <rhartt1234@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Ryan Hartt <rhartt1234@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Seydel F Chromatic Question
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 10:57 AM

Just need a clarification...
If I want a Seydel F chromatic in the same range as an F Hohner 270  I need to order the baritone? Seydel gives you the option of high or low chromatic in certain keys whereas Hohner did not?
I never had one but, would a 270 in D have the range of a standard D or low D diatonic?
Thanks
Ryan

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/