Re: [Harp-L] mic, or line out?

Greg nails it on this.  A well-designed line out has much of the speaker's
tone in the signal.  I've verified this by mounting different speakers in my
5F2H amp and recording through the line out.  The signal absolutely carries
the character of the speaker.  I prefer to line out because it is so much
faster and easier and I think the sound is cleaner.  But, if I'm playing a
show where the sound tech seems to know what he's doing and he wants to mic
my amp, no problem.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog