"Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:32:12 -0800 (PST)
From: "Rick Tabler" <badtabes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] mic, or line out?

I have a moderate powered small amp with a harp specific weber speaker which I'm very pleased with the tone of. I prefer to mic it to get some of my sound "out front" thru the pa, even in smaller venues. Of course , I have total control of my amp, and the mature players I'm with understand that amplifying harp is a different "animal" and allow me great lattitude in adjusting my channel(s) at the board. I also have the capability to mic and line out, however, I prefer just to mic. I'm curious tho, given an A-B situation, what most people prefer--line out, or mic?"