Re: [Harp-L] Jam Night Etiquette

That one's tough. I think my initial response would have been to knock the guy out on the spot... However...
I'd love for that to happen and for me to be calm enough to play it cool just until he started a solo and un plug
him just as he started gettin into it. of course at that point I'd have to pack up and go.

scooter

If that had happened at the Jam I go to, the guy would have been carried out
and taken to hospital to have his guitar surgically removed............

Chris

Can you top this one?

I was laying back mid-song as the guitar player was soloing and this guy by
the name of Chad (part of the local clique) walks in to the club and comes
right up on the crowded stage and says to me "I need and amp" and proceeds
to unplug my mic and plugged in his guitar.
Needless to say I don't go to the Daytona Beach Blues Society Jams any
longer.
I didn't protest to anyone because I knew it was a lost battle from the
start. I quit the Society and stopped going to their jams. It was their loss
because I was a big supporter of the DBBS, but I was just a "Snowbird" and
never was" made" into the clique.

Found plenty of other jams in the area with musicians who are a lot
friendlier and accepting and having much more fun.
From my observations  though, Harp Players that sing get much more respect
than those who don't.

Paul
    B-Radical