[Harp-L] Spring Harp Fest XI

As some of you may know, I have been involved with the Spring Harp Fest in
LA Mesa CA for the last 10 years. It was originally my idea and I have had
the help of two wonderful friends in putting the event on. This year, For
their own personal reasons, my two original partners were both forced to
withdraw and I am presently working on the lineup of players.

I am looking for a strong professional player to volunteer to play at the
festival. It is a one day affair, traditionally held on the day before
Easter. This year that is April 3rd, 2010.

We have had James Harman, Johnny Dyer, Chris Mickalek, and Mike Curtis at
different times. Johnny Mastro is possibly coming this year from LA. I need
to finalize arrangements with him. I would also be VERY interested in Rod
Piazza. It would give him an opportunity to show off the new Rod Piazza
signature harp from Hering.

Kim Wilson expressed interest, but will be on tour with the T-Birds at that
time. I checked on Memphis Charlie, but he is in the Netherlands, and Rick
Estrin will be on the East Coast at that time.

If any of you have interest in coming to San Diego area at that time, I will
get you on stage. Advance notice is preferred.

OK, now the hard part. Harmonica friends, this event doesn't charge any
entry fee, and we have to hustle to find sponsors each year. We have given
away most of the money we take in each year to charities after paying our
expenses. I am actively seeking sponsors that will make a commitment to
helping fund the event not just this year, but into the future. If you are
interested in donating or talking to me about playing or being a sponsor,
please contact me off list.  I hope this post is within the boundaries of
harp-l etiquette, as I am a harp-l OG.

John Frazer
136 Lausanne Drive
San Diego, CA 92114
619-263-6826 home
619-709-2217 cell

"Watch out! He has some sort of a fantastic instrument that lets out a death
sound!"

Harmonica John Frazer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYKuQ0vbfqU

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmonica-John/51191253385#/pages/Harmonica-Jo