[Harp-L] Musicianship ... Process based or results based?

A couple of clips that are interesting in terms of the “Tool Envy”
technique type discussions that arise from time to time and more
specifically musicianship and what it is.

Is it the tool used or the final “build” that counts? I'm sure both
sides can and will be argued ...

Neil Young begins at 3:40 of this 1971 vid and infers that he's either
beginning to play harmonica or beginning to play using a holder when
guitaring ... rummages in his pocket for the right one ... are in the
cardboard box ... in any case, his choice is to add shading / colour
to the picture ... or is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VtFUG0irTQ

Secondly, a fledgling piano player I'll nickname “Two Chord James”
admits and prepares his audience and the piano manufacturer rep that
he knows two chords and apologizes in advance.

Again, the tool, the tooler or the “build”?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI7G5M03HU0