[Harp-L] Re: Thomas Fiacco

Thomas,

Let me spell it out for you.

Someone posted an interview in which Junior Wells claimed to have written
Juke. (Indeed I'd heard Wells make that claim elsewhere). Later, someone
else posted a link to a recording which pre-dated Juke and which features
the head in the released version of Juke. Even if I misremembered what I
heard at my dad's place on that Hampton LP, that second post suggests that
Walter took a figure and adapted it to become the head of Juke. That wasn't
an uncommon practice. Easy is an Ivory Joe Hunter tune, for example.

Saying all of that does not diminish the greatness of Little Walter or the
brilliance of Juke - one of my favorite harp instrumentals. All it is, is a
discussion on how a particular tune came together and an insight into the
influences that shaped one of the greatest harp players of he 20th century.

Now if you read the above and still don't see this discussion for what it is
then it's clear to me that your problem isn't a lack of balls. Your
aggressive responses to my posts starting with my queries about Butterfield
don't make me imagine a big man at the other end of the internet, but the
reverse. Lighten up.

Best,

Drew

Yep-I'm angry filled-but stating Little Walter didn't write Juke is