Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tradition vs. Innovation

----- Original Message -----
From: iceman
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tradition vs. Innovation

childhood's innocence lost......pity

Well, when you don't know anything, you may be open to everything.

I was thinking of a different quote:
"Ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven lest ye become as a little child."

Childlike wonder keeps the world open to all (im)possibilities.  And here's another great quote:
"Nothing is impossible to him who believeth."

Every now and then we Harplers happen upon a basic cosmic truth, no?

I played harmonica for more than 40 years before I even heard about overblows.  I still don't feel confident using them in a gigging situation, but in woodshedding I am finding the 6ob to be useful.  Most of my harps need better set-up to really make use of it, tho...

I aquired a large number of tired harps at a ridiculous price and I'm beginning to learn to work on them.  Dear Buddha, what procedure do you use to seal and prepare pearwood combs?  If you would be so kind as to reveal it?  Proprietary method?  I understand.

Splash!