Re: [Harp-L] Blues Nazis

I don't know what a blues nazi is. I do know that the blues is a living art form. Defining it requires you to take into consideration all those who have or do play. If you think of blues as form that is fully developed - not still living and developing, like baroque or classical period music - then I guess you could be a blues nazi. And I would strongly disagree with you.

I don't think it's fair to suggest that because I use overblows or valve-assisted bends in my playing I am somehow no longer playing the blues. I don't think it's fair to suggest that some of the old timers whom we hold in high esteem wouldn't have used these techniques if they had been as well known and available as they are today.

My 2 mils

-LM