Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re:Identify this harp? Blue Danube

Winslow's absolutely correct, as usual. Since the single photo was blurry
when enlarged, I wrote to the Seller to ask (nicely) if he had checked any
literature or even the box (besides the harmonica itself) for the Hohner
name  and just got this response:

"Thank You so much for your question. Just had a chance to review the
harmonica and the case and it DOES NOT indicate a Hohner model. I will correct
it on the listing and post this response. It was part of a Hohner collection
we  inherited and we assumed it was a Hohner also. Thanks again for
bringing it to  our attention. The case has a Made in China stamp on the bottom,
too."

Elizabeth

Message: 13
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:44:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Winslow  Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I'm skeptical of the eBay  seller's claim. This doesn't look like a Hohner
product. It looks like some  Chinese harps I've seen. Perhaps the original
poster could verify whether the  harmonica he saw bore any Hohner markings.
It's unlike Hohner to market a  harmonica and to omit the Hohner name from
the harmonica  itself.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa

Author, Harmonica For Dummies  ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5