[Harp-L] John P. Hammond

John Paul Hammond is the singing, plank-spanking gobironist son of John Henry Hammond Jr (prodigious early producer for stars such as Billie Holiday, Aretha, etc. etc.)

At the Ash Grove 50th in April 08 John and I spoke at some length, he told me he's rather tired of being mis-called "John Hammond JUNIOR" as he ain't Jr., anyway.

And despite his dad's amazing musical history John was raised by his mom, rarely really interacting with his father, he got into music on his own and damn nicely I might ad!  A fine fellow and wonderful entertainer, John P. Hammond!

-Dave "who's yer daddy" Fertig