Re: [Harp-L] Archive search

Dave Minson asks:
Can anyone tell me how I might get to some of those threads discussing attaching reeds to reed plates with screws, sizes, sources, etc? I tried to search the archives and came up blank. Thanks.
dave
Hi, Dave!

In addition to the fine advise and links offered so far, you might benefit from the workshops on two familiar company's web sites. They offer detailed pictorial versions of what's been described.

harponline:

www.harponline.de/index.php?page=ws_dia/ws01_dia/ws01_dia&lang_id=en_GB

and

Seydel:

www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/secE8U75WYb9gE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Seydel/Categories/Products/%22Accessories/parts%22/Tools/Workshop/Repair

Both offer excellent (albeit expensive) tool kits as well, but they aren't absolutely required given Vern's nice description of how to replace reeds with screws.

I would also underscore Kinya Pollard's excellent Harmonica Sessions series for which Suave Blues Man already cited a link. The whole series is well worth studying. Kinya also lists tools (with part numbers) that are available at micro-mark.

Besides Micro-Mark, two other great source of screws, taps, drill bits, etc., are

McMaster-Carr:

www.mcmaster.com

and Small Parts:

www.smallparts.com