[Harp-L] skier's thumb and harp holding

I've got "skier's thumb" (from a ski fall), and my left hand is in a brace that
keeps me from squeezing my thumb together with my index finger -- just where I
hold my harps!  I played a gig last night and had to do it all via vocal mike
(can't do the tight amp cup!).  Also played holding the harp in just my right
hand -- very disconcerting (never realized the "concert" base of that word).
Made m realize how unconsciously dependent I am on locating holes by their
position relative to the thumb and index finger of my left hand.   I did try
placing the harp in my left hand a bit, but the brace kept the harp from going
all the way into the space between my thumb and index finger -- so my intuition
of where the holes are was off a bit.  I have a gig tonight (NYE) and next
weekend (will have a cast on next weekend -- post surgery -- they have to
reattach a ligament).  I did just try playing through an amp, I could sort of
hold the mike with the last two fingers of my right hand as usual (bulletizer on
an ultimate felt like best size and weight -- thanks Greg).  It doesn't sound
FAT like it should, but I might bring an amp tonight anyway -- I like to play
through a vocal mike AND an amp for different songs just to give the audience
some sonic variety.  Without a tight cup, I'm not sure that the sound will be
all that much different from playing through the vocal mike -- but I will be
able to have reverb and tone control at my disposal.
For about 4 weeks after surgery, I'll be in a cast; then I go to a splint for
about 6 weeks.  The skiers around here tell me they get a splint that allows
them to grip a ski pole, so maybe I'll get one of those AND I'll bring a harp
and microphone to the splint place to see if they can set me up for a tight cup!
They also tell me I won't be back to FULL strength for a year or so -- hopefully
a tight ENOUGH cup won't require FULL strength.
Anyway, this is just a whining, a sharing of an interesting harp situation, and
an invitation for anyone who has had a similar situation to chime in -- either
specifically about the thumb (advice?) or even bout any injury accommodation
that you had to make to keep on playing.

Happy New Year, all.