Re: [Harp-L] First chromatic?

Get yourself a Hohner CX-12 if you like a darker bluesy sound.. Or a 270
Hohner Super Chromonica otherwise... Both are available within your price
range.

But you have LOTS of other options!

My "first chromatic" was a 270 in the key of "G"... I still tend to "think
harmonica" based on a "G" tuned chromatic. This has (probably) been a
disadvantage for me, over the years.

Just a thought... You could purchase a TENOR tuned Hohner CX-12,  or a 270.
In the key of "C".
That will be better for a more "bluesy" or "jazzy" sound (IMHO ) than  the
regular "C" tuning which covers the same range as a standard concert  flute.

All the best,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines

In a message dated 12/31/2010 6:44:35 A.M. Malay Peninsula Standard ,