[Harp-L] Re: Chris Michalek R.I.P

I happened across this yesterday and I was totally shocked.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to Chris's family and friends.

Chris was with Harp-L since back in the early days.  I got to meet Chris
in person the first [and regrettably only] time at SPAH 1994 in Memphis,
where we shared a hotel room.

Chris was a great guy and a fantastic harp player.

I lost track of Chris over the years (due to me being lazy and out of the harp world), but I had caught up with him about a year ago.

The loss of someone so young is always a tragedy.  And it hits home for me, since Chris was only a year older than myself, and even though we were distant, I considered him a friend.

I am saddened by our loss.

Chris Pierce

"Brendan Power" wrote:
>I just got a message from George Brooks saying that Chris has died after a
>short illness... I am utterly shocked!!! I find it hard to take in, but
>George says he was called by Chris' wife Laurie, so it must be true,
>horrible as that is to contemplate.

[...]