[Harp-L] Re: Chris Michalek R.I. P.

What a jolt of shock and sadness!

As a long time Harp-L member I've come to 'know' Chris over the last 10+ years. I must admit my initial impression was unfavorable, but over time, his wit, style, chops, and just general backing up what he said with what he did brashness won me over. I've spoken with and e-mailed Chris a number of times and bought one of the first Bhudda harps. I now own 7  (and had a new Eb and a repaired D on the way - an e-mail a week ago said I'd have them by Christmas - no indication of any health problems.....).

Chris meant a LOT to the harp and *music* community and will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family.

I'll play one for you tonight, Chris

Andy Vincent