[Harp-L] vocal mics

Richard Hunter wrote " the reason bullet mics sound lame thru a P.A. is because they have relatively limited frequency response." Thanks for clearing that up, Richard--key thought being, if you're going thru any outboard device, you're NOT going straight thru the P.A., hence my confusion. When I played thru the P.A., my setup was always mic-delay-harp tone+-harp commander-board--SOO not directly--always sounded pretty credible for blues/rock, altho I still preferred my amp. I also do most of our vocals thru a 58 which I like pretty hot--we do some tunes that I play acoustic style thru the 58, and that definately took some work due to the mic being so technique sensitive.  Wish I'd read your tips on that sooner!! Thanks again.

Rick