Re: [Harp-L] Boss RC-2 Looper for sale

Gary Lehmann wrote:
>What looper did you buy to replace the RC-2?

The digitech JamMan Solo, mainly because I'm considering adding pre-recorded loops to my sets, and the RC-2 has a limit of 18 minutes of stored loops total, which is not enough for more than a handful of full-length songs.

18 minutes is an amazing amount of loop time compared to my Akai Headrush, which offers 22 seconds for a single-layer loop and 11 seconds for a multi-layer loop; but it's not much compared to the hours of loop time you can get by installing an SD card in a JamMan Solo.

In most other respects the RC-2 and JamMan Solo are very comparable.  Operation is very similar between the two units.  Both have very good sound quality.  Both are built like tanks.  The RC-2 does have one feature that the JamMan does not: it will run on batteries.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick