Dave "know nuttink" Fertig

--- On Tue, 12/14/10, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Re: [Harp-L] Kinder AFB+ Questions
        	Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:52 AM

            From: "David Brown" <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx>

        	To:"Dan Dial" <jazz_cruisin@xxxxxxxxx>

        	Cc:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

This is the rig I use to play directly through a PA.:
 I usually play a Shure CR41 buullet with a black CR mic (although the AFB+
allows me use ANY mic I want).
I have a six pedal set-up with the first pedal in the chain being the AFB+.
Then I have a Boss EQ, A BBE 2 TImer delay, a Boss Chorus plus*, a Boss
digital reverb*, and a Lone Wolf Harp Attack.

(*these two are only used for a song or two but are usually off.)

-FIrst off, I must mention that I HATE USING BATTERIES! They always seem to
die during gigs.

- Second, I'll mention that I disconnect both jacks on the AFB+ when not in
use. I don't know if only disconnecting the input, and leaving in the
output, affects battery life.

- The first time the batteries went out on the AFB+ I got weird indications
that they were dying. I got signal cut-out, which I thought was a broken
cable, so I unplugged them all one at a time to hunt for the one that was
malfunctioning. I eventually figured out it was the AFB+. The blue light
still worked fine during all this, so the batteries were never completely
dead. I don't know exactly how long the batteries lasted but I played quite
a few gigs before they died. Upon reflection I remembered that I had
feedback problems just before the uniit began to fail (the "cut-outs" which
I misinterpretteed as a cable failure).

In my opinion, the AFB+ is absolutely an essential piece of gear. I am
awaiting my second one to arrive next week (a back-up, not a replacement). I
have a Voodoo Lab Power block and I am purchasing (2) battery connectors to
run the battery leads from the AFB* into two *SEPERATE* 9V power outputs of
the Voodoo Lab, thereby elminating the need for batteries. I HATE USING
BATTERIES!!!!