[Harp-L] Re: small class A amps never get sag

I have an old Kalamazoo that had a rectifier go bad during a gig.

Actually, I didn't know what it was during the gig, it just started sounding
really smooth and buttery.  And then got a bit growly, and then failed.  It
took about 20 minutes to finally quit. The tones were amazingly great while
it was happening.

But not knowing what happened, I just swapped the entire set of tubes during
a break since I always keep a complete spare set of tubes in the back of
every amp I own, just for this reason.

The next day I tested each tube and discovered it was the 6X4 that failed.
But sounded SOOOO good while it was giving up it's dying breath.

Splash!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Davis"
Yes, as we discussed earlier, small class A amps never get sag anyway,