Re: [Harp-L] SS Rectifier

In fact, the excellent VHT Special 6 amp has an SS rectifier.  It is one of
the best small harp amps I've ever heard.

The issue is sag in larger amps, a very desirable tonal element much beloved
by the greats during the golden age of blues harp.  To my ear, the copper
plug-in SS recto sounds less warm than the real tube rectifiers used by
players such as Little Walter Jacobs and Big Walter Horton.

To be sure, some people prefer the crisper sound the copper recto provides.
Speaking for myself, I like a more vintage tone.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog